On this Kingdom Encounters podcast, Alexei Laushkin, founder of Kingdom Mission Society interview Pastor Paul Hoffman of Evangelical Friends Church in Newport, Rhode Island about his latest book Reconciling Places: How to Bridge the Chasms in our Communities
During the interview we talk about:
- Who are the Evangelical Friends in relation to other Christian communities.
- How Pastor Paul came to think about conflict across race.
- Pastor Paul’s early encounter around conflict as a child.
- The role of trauma in engaging conversations around racial understanding and action.
- The role of politics in navigating difference on social media platforms.
- The use of racial understanding language in the book and concepts around justice.
- The life and influence of Dr. John Perkins.
- The politicalization of racial topics in evangelicalism.
- Violence and prejudice against Asian Americans.
- The spiritual practices to aid the pursuit of the Beloved Community.