Kingdom Mission Society set aside Thursday September 15th 2016 as a Day of Prayer for Christian Persecution and Refugees with a special focus on Syria and Northern Iraq. Below are resources from the day. We invite you to use them on an ongoing basis and to join our First Mondays prayer call (click here to learn more and join in) as we continue to pray for Christian Persecution and Refugees.
When Christians are persecuted to a severe extent they become refugees. From Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Iran to Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, to parts of China, and increasingly places like Nigeria and Kenya, Christians being persecuted for their faith and driven from their homes is on the rise.
We pray for peace, but we also pray against the strategic squeezing of believers from their homes.
You are invited to pray with us at any of the following times 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm (ET) on our conference line (605) 562-3000, 780885#. You’re also invited to fast for all or a portion of the day (click here to learn more about our KMS principles).
Click here for a liturgy for the day (for personal and individual use).
On the day we offer up the following prayers:
- Lord, we pray for persecuted Christians living in refugee camps in Lebanon, Turkey, and Jordan who have fled the conflicts in Syria and Northern Iraq. Would you provide them safe passage and be their refuge against the storms and persecutions of day to day life.
- Father you call your church to be of good cheer when facing trials, temptations, persecutions, and tribulations. Help us to share in the sufferings of our brothers and sisters overseas and in this way fulfill the command to bear one another’s burdens. Motivate us to pray and act against the powers of darkness that would hide your church and the story of your people and make it unknown to those in the broader world.
- Lord we pray for the persecutors. That they would be stopped and brought to account for their heinous acts against humanity. We pray for those who are persecuted who aren’t Christian but are also the objects of wrath for the evil in the hearts of men.
- Lord we pray for many instances of harassment in many known and unknown parts of the world. Would you help your people have a gentle spirit and protect them against fear and equip them with peace, love, patience, kindness, self-control, and a sound mind.
- We pray for unity in your church. That the body of Christ both locally, internationally, and in the countries of context would put aside divisions and old mistrusts to be of one mind and witness, to support each other in Christian love and call for an end of persecuted Christians and all vulnerable peoples.
We offer up these prayers on this Thursday September 15 2016 and commit ourselves to a course of action (sign our pledge below) to be effective lights and witnesses of these things. Give us your power to do your will. We pray this in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.
Pledge for the Persecuted Church and Refugees
As fellow Christians we commit to pray for our brothers and sisters in the persecuted church and those in particular who are fleeing their homes as refugees. We commit to being agents of conscience within our churches, so that we might not forget the many Christians who are facing severe persecution. We commit to asking our policy makers to take prudent action to protect vulnerable people and to make it easier for fellow Christians to sponsor and engage those who are in grave danger.
Error: Contact form not found.